Older Posts

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Peace Corps 50th Anniversary & Photo Contest



2011 marks the 50th anniversary for the Peace Corps, which was founded in 1961 by JFK. To commemorate the anniversary, Peace Corps has been doing a lot of stuff. They had a special poster designed by the same guy who did the 'Hope" poster for Obama, Shepard Fairey. I have one hanging on my wall.




Peace Corps also held a photo contest, I submitted an entry. My submission has been selected as one of the contestants for the 'People's Choice' award, which is being held on Facebook. Judging ends Monday, September 19 @ 11:59 pm EST, here is the link to my photo. If you deem it worthy, click 'like' below the photo on Facebook.

*Update*
Winners have been posted on the Peace Corps website, here. At the time voting ended for the People's Choice Award on Facebook my photo was in 4th place. Too bad they only had a winner for 1st place...

No comments:

Post a Comment