Older Posts

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Southern Stars

The stars here are wholly different than the ones I'm used to, its weird not being able to recognize any constellations. Well, I guess I know what the Southern Cross looks like, and how to find south with it. Which, by the way, is not straightforward in the least. But its no big dipper. This was a 30 second/ f 3.5 exposure at midnight, the moon was out but some clouds obscured it and made it dark enough to see the stars well. The reddish glow in the upper right is my failed attempt at using my hand as a hood to block a streetlight. I want to take some longer timed exposures, I would have taken this one of the Southern Cross but it was behind some trees. This picture was taken in Savusavu, Labasa is too well lit for me to get decent pictures at night. Unless the pictures are of the beer store across the street...

1 comment:

  1. This is cool! And the street light thing actually looks kinda cool. Hope you're having fun :)

    ReplyDelete