Older Posts

Sunday, January 16, 2011

I need a distraction

I applied to the Peace Corps on March 31, 2010. Since then, my timeline has looked like this:

Interview: May 10, 2010
Nomination: May 12, 2010
Medical Qualification: December 23, 2010
*updated dates*
Invitation received: January 26, 2011
Staging: May 16, 2011
Departure: May 17, 2011

The process has been long and filled with waiting. The application process is anything but strait forward, and I am finally in the last stage. I am scheduled to have a phone interview with my placement officer, Heather, on Tuesday. I have been reading a lot of the other journals on the Peace Corps journals website, and I'm terrified that the program that I was initially nominated for (Environmental Education, Caribbean, March 2011) is full. At this point there's not much for me to do but wait for the phone to ring on Tuesday, but until then I'm going to be everything I can not to think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment